Wednesday, December 14, 2016

#LIGHTtheWORLD - Free Christmas Service Jar Printables

Hi, Friends!! I wanted to quickly let you know what we're working on this month to focus more on service. Maybe it will inspire you to do something similar.


A little while ago I printed out this adorable free printable service kit designed by Colette. She is one of the designers featured on the Redheaded Hostess's site for the #LIGHTtheWORLD service initiative.


One of my favorite parts of the kit is the service ideas. There are 4 little cards jam packed with great ways to serve. I read through some of the examples to my kids. They got really excited, saying "I did that!" It was fun for them to realize that they are already serving.




Then, I had my kids write ways they had served on the strips included in the kit. They had fun telling me about the simple things they had done to help... cleaning up at school, putting away chairs at church, helping a classmate put on his coat, etc. We curled the strips using pencils and put them in a glass jar.



After we talked about ways we had already served, we talked about some things we wanted to do this month. My kids like the idea of leaving a note for your letter carrier. That is one we still plan to do. I want to use the cute little stockings from Melia's kit to put a candy bar and some candy canes in and leave on our mailbox (check it out on the Sugardoodle blog).

We have really enjoyed serving as a family this month, including making cookies for cousins, writing thank you notes, helping grandpa and grandma, taking dinner to a friend (wish we would have used Pink Cake Plate's printables for that!), etc.

We're looking forward to continuing to add to our jar and placing it under the tree as our gift to the Savior. Download Colette's service kit here. Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting, Maria!! I love it how your kids realized how much good they were already doing... so awesome!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Thank you for your time in designing the kit and coming up with all those ideas of how to serve!

      Delete

Yay, You Made a Comment!