Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Robot Birthday Party Planner

I have declared July as PARTY MONTH on the Yay, I Made It! blog. So, first here are all the details of my Robot Birthday party, so you can do it yourself!


I designed this party for my little guy's 3rd Birthday. All the printables are now available in my Etsy shop here.


For the party refreshments, the cake was the biggest hit. Here's the cake tutorial. But, I had fun labeling the party mix as "nuts and bolts" and blue punch as "robot coolant"... ya, I'm kinda a nerd. :) The cupcake toppers turned out really cute.

Another cool idea my friend gave me was to pre-scoop the ice cream into cupcake liners. This worked great and saved time! Just make sure not to do it too far ahead so they get freezer burnt.


One of my favorite decorations is the banner. I designed it so it could be cut out like gears or just circles. The welcome sign would be fun to hang on the front door.

I also made some robots using tin cans and screwing bolts with nuts attached into them. I used two tin cans filled with bolts to hold wooden dowels to string my banner on too.


The final detail I'd like to share is the party favors. They were a lot of fun to make. Find the tutorial here.

There are so many great robot party ideas out there! So have fun with it, and don't forget to check out my printables here. :) They even include an invite & thank you!


More parties coming soon!

1 comment:

  1. Those are really cute party favors. This robot party looks so much fun!

    ReplyDelete

Yay, You Made a Comment!